Go Back to Converting Services
Budnick die cuts adhesive tapes and flexible materials to a variety of custom shapes and sizes that can be provided on a sheet or on a roll
Rotary Die Cutting
Using precision engraved steel cylinders, we can quickly and easily die-, cavity-, kiss-, or butt-cut a wide variety of roll goods - both adhesive and non-adhesives tapes, foams, foils, plastics, and films up to 1/8" thick.
Flatbed Die Cutting
Flatbed die-cutting helps save money on tooling and accommodates thicker and softer material than most rotary methods allow. This process is ideal for shorter but still intricate production runs.
Advanced equipment allows us to minimize scrap and maximize runtimes and production efficiency - from longer length rolls and finger lift edges, to reduced scrap by spacing parts without a matrix.
We have the versatility to die cut almost any material with a multitude of different processes and hit customer specs every time. Each machine and operator have different qualities that line up with individual customer needs and our years of knowledge makes Budnick the best in the industry. Our rotary presses allow us to provide both roll and sheeted parts while holding the tightest of tolerances. The flatbed department can work with tricky materials and still provide the edge quality and product consistency of a tooled part. Whether you’re looking for a doubled coated die cut adhesive in roll form for long production runs or a less dense individual foam part with tight tolerances we’ll find the right process and provide the right part every time.
Budnick Die Cuts: Tape | Pressure Sensitive Materials | Silicone Rubber | Fabric | Label Stock | Plastic Liner | Plastic | Gasket Materials | UHMW | Foil | Non-Woven | Foam | Silicone Foam | Abrasive | Specialty Materials | Rubber & More
Budnick has developed a series of proprietary die-cutting processes that lead to cleaner, more accurate cuts. Read on to learn how else we've improved our customers' processes!
Case Study Production-Friendly Attachment
Budnick's die-cutting capabilities and expertise with extended liners helped create user-friendly solutions for a major automation and controls manufacturer.
- High bond acrylic foam was die cut to the customer's exact specifications
- Added a 12 point liner that is stiff enough for easy release & and a finger-lift tab to simplify product assembly
- Designed packaging that would prevent shipping damage & also act as a dispenser unit for the parts
Case Study Converting Experts
An automotive supplier could only purchase rolled product, but the application called for short pieces
- Sheets containing four individual pieces met the customer's need
- A custom die was made to cut parts to length with a minimum amount of bevel on the product
- The material maintained its cord, and the presentation saved production time
Case Study Improved Process
Production was in the process of moving from Arizona and Ohio and finding a supplier who could meet stocking and delivery requirements was critical.
- Needed tape stocked in a temperature controlled environment and delivered weekly
- Customer had issues with splices and roll tolerance standards not being met
- Budnick worked with vendors to negotiate competitive pricing and fix splicing issues