Title: Business Development Representative
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Business Development Representative will proactively initiate, cultivate, maintain and close new business for Budnick Converting, Inc. They will develop strong product and market knowledge that will enable them to build customer loyalty and confidence to ensure their repeat business. They will engage customers, prospects and leads using outbound phone calling, email, social media outlets, and any other forms of communication deemed effective.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Corporate office environment that will require the ability to sit/stand for a prolonged period of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile/plane. Occasional overnight travel to customer sites and vendor training events. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and internal teams; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Utilize a consultative, solution focused, selling approach to pursue opportunities to upsell and cross sell at new customers and existing customers. Execute the sales plan within a designated territory and/or defined market.
- Proactively communicating with sales teams regarding customer business, new opportunities, follow up on quotes and orders; managing business as a team. Collaboration with outside salesperson on target accounts. Ultimately supporting all team members, covering for each other as needed to help take care of the customer.
- Initiate focused sales campaigns and marketing strategies in order to meet sales and production expectations. Contacting customers via outbound phone, email and other digital methods that are deemed efficient and effective. Occasional face to face meetings at customer locations.
- Follow up on leads and sample requests, prospect for new customers and close new opportunities. Outbound calling as well as those that come into Budnick from the website, marketing programs and inbound calls.
- Respond to customer questions and resolve problems: working with account managers and estimators to ensure promised deliveries are made, advise customers of availability and price.
- Answer telephone calls (3rd ring or before) and emails (before the end of the day) from new and current customers and vendors in a courteous and professional manner. Respond as soon as possible to customer inquiries. Document and log all customer contact in the computer for tracking purposes.
- Provide basic quotes out of the computer system or gather information from customer for estimators to create quotes.
- Work with vendors to gain an understanding of new and existing products and current promotions.
- Manage sample orders for assigned customers. Work with production as needed to ensure that chosen production methods are applicable.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of long-term strategies & helps implement the plan(s) developed. Communicate ideas and accomplishments to the Inside Sales Manager.
- Assist other departments on key projects when required, team player mentality.
- Alert Inside Sales Manager to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Complete expense reports, target account spreadsheet, sales reports, and other reporting that is requested by management team.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives and assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Excel in a fast paced, high volume sales environment. Good organizational and problem-solving skills a must. Microsoft Office Suite experience. Understanding of CRM environments. Good mathematical aptitude.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional manner. Bring a positive, can do attitude every day. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legibly and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Be a self-starter but also be able to thrive in a team environment. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure. Quickly grasp new concepts, approaches or systems. Employ resourcefulness when problem solving to meet customer needs.
Education: Undergraduate Degree Preferred; High School diploma or equivalent Required. Course work related to general business, customer service or industry specific topics desired.
Experience: 1-3 years of sales experience and/or relevant industry experience preferred.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage + commission
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST